- Apples (As many as you are going to make)
- 1 ½ a cup of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 8 drops of red food coloring
- Applewood chips
- Steam your apples (green or red)
- Grease a cookie sheets, Insert some craft sticks into your stemmed apples.
- Ina pan at medium-high heat mix sugar, corn syrup and water. Heat up until syrup thickens or reaches 300 degrees F. Let it cool and add food coloring.
- Dip the apples in the syrup and remove, then turn it 260 degrees to coat evenly. Place on the cookie sheets to harden.
- Once your apples are ready, place one at a time on a plate and cover it with the smoking dome. Connect the smoking gun hose and get ready to smoke.
- Load the smoking gun with hickory wood chips, connect the hose to the smoking dome, turn on the gun and ignite the wood chips.
- Once your dome is full of smoke, turn off the gun and let it infuse for 30 seconds and you’re ready to serve!