Smoked Pork Ribs with Coleslaw
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) whiskey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (400g) can diced tomatoes
- Pinch of hickory wood chips
- 2kg pork ribs
- 1/2 (400g) white cabbage, trimmed and finely shredded
- 1/2 (100g) green apple, cored and juliened
- 2 green onions, finely juliened
- 1/4 cup (60g) smoked aioli (see "Smoked Roasted Garlic Aioli" recipe)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add whiskey and bring to a boil. Add smoked paprika, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and diced tomatoes and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Pulse in a blender until smooth
- Place ribs on a baking tray, brush with half of the marinade, cover with foil and cook in pre-heated oven for 1 hour or until tender
- Put remaining marinade into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap
- Add hickory wood chips to the burn chamber of the smoking gun. Put cup cover. Turn the smoking gun to HIGH SPEED and ignite wood chips. Switch to LOW SPEED and smoke for a few seconds until the bowl is filled with a dense smoke. Let infuse for 3 minutes. Refrigerate ribs until ready to use.
- Remove foil from ribs and brown ribs in the oven for a further 30 minutes, brushing regularly with marinade
- For a smokier flavor, place ribs brushed with marinade in a baking tray and cover with foil and smoke again before serving
For the coleslaw, combine all ingredients except sesame seeds in a bowl and season. Garnish with black sesame seeds and serve with the ribs
Also in Smoking Gun Recipes
Mussels are a great protein for a busy weeknight because the cook so quickly. Try them in this quick and tasty soup.
First things first, this is about flavor explosion! Tomato cherry bruschetta is your perfect appetizer.
A classic breakfast treat sure to get you a smile – smoked salmon and silky scrambled eggs.
All orders are processed within 3-5 days.
We currently ship within the continental U.S. only. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes or APO addresses. Please refer to the item description to determine the normal order processing time.
Purchases may be returned within 45 days of the date your order was received and must be unused, unassembled and in the original condition and packaging for any refunds issued. Please contact us for a Return Authorization Number, as returns cannot be accepted without this number. Please include the reason for your return in an email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for your return to be inspected and processed before your payment method is credited.
Note - EXCEPTIONS: **Custom painted and/or personalized items that are made especially for you are non-refundable, unless defective. Items that fall into this category will be noted on the item page.
*We reserve the right to send replacement parts for damaged or defective parts whenever possible. If replacement parts are refused, the item will be handled as a normal return.
DAMAGE DURING SHIPPING
Please do not use the item and keep items with all packaging materials and box for inspection. Please notify us the same day. We will not be able to replace damaged merchandise if we are not notified within 5 business days of the delivery date.