Smoked Mussels in Spicy Broth
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 large handful fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2–1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28oz.) can crushed tmoatoes
- 1 (28oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low or no-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 lbs. fresh live mussels
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat peel and chop the onion and add it. Chop the parsley and set it aside. Mince the garlic cloves. Add garlic to onions along with red pepper flakes. Stir. Let cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine. Stir.
- Open the cans of crushed and diced tomatoes and add them to the pot along with the chicken broth, salt and half of the chopped parsley. Stir, cover and increase heat to high. Cook until it reaches a boil. Reduce to a heavy simmer.
- While the soup heats up, remove the beards from the mussels (just pull off the thread that runs along them, if that thread is there) and gently scrape off any barnacles. Put them in a colander and rinse with cold water. If any mussels are open, tap them. If they close they’re fine. If they stay open, discard.
- Once the soup is simmering, add the mussels. Cook until all mussels have opened. If most have opened, discard any that have stayed closed. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Use Fuma starter kit to cover cup with a smoking lid and infuse for 3 minutes.
Also in Smoking Gun Recipes
First things first, this is about flavor explosion! Tomato cherry bruschetta is your perfect appetizer.
A classic breakfast treat sure to get you a smile – smoked salmon and silky scrambled eggs.
Try this best ever pork ribs recipe with slaw as the ultimate recipe for parties.
All orders are processed within 3-5 days.
We currently ship within the continental U.S. only. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes or APO addresses. Please refer to the item description to determine the normal order processing time.
Purchases may be returned within 45 days of the date your order was received and must be unused, unassembled and in the original condition and packaging for any refunds issued. Please contact us for a Return Authorization Number, as returns cannot be accepted without this number. Please include the reason for your return in an email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for your return to be inspected and processed before your payment method is credited.
Note - EXCEPTIONS: **Custom painted and/or personalized items that are made especially for you are non-refundable, unless defective. Items that fall into this category will be noted on the item page.
*We reserve the right to send replacement parts for damaged or defective parts whenever possible. If replacement parts are refused, the item will be handled as a normal return.
DAMAGE DURING SHIPPING
Please do not use the item and keep items with all packaging materials and box for inspection. Please notify us the same day. We will not be able to replace damaged merchandise if we are not notified within 5 business days of the delivery date.