Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
- 8 ounces baby cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (~ 2 medium cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 slices rustic bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the baby tomatoes in a small bowl with the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture on a small baking sheet (save the bowl for the next step) and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, until the garlic turns light brown and the tomatoes have burst.
- Remove from the oven and gently slide tomatoes (and juice, garlic and oil) back into the tossing bowl.
- Sprinkle with the vinegar and gently toss with a spoon, trying not to obliterate the tomatoes. You want them to retain some of their original shape.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, brush one side of the bread slices with the 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- When the tomatoes come out of the toaster oven, turn the setting to toast and toast the bread until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Alternatively, toast the bread in a toaster while the tomatoes are roasting in the oven.
- Cut the toasted bread into two pieces on the diagonal. Spread evenly with the ricotta.
- Place on a serving plate or platter. Spoon the tomatoes over the cheese.
- Load the smoking gun chamber with the wood chips and infuse for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the minced chives. Serve immediately.
Also in Smoking Gun Recipes
Mussels are a great protein for a busy weeknight because the cook so quickly. Try them in this quick and tasty soup.
A classic breakfast treat sure to get you a smile – smoked salmon and silky scrambled eggs.
Try this best ever pork ribs recipe with slaw as the ultimate recipe for parties.
All orders are processed within 3-5 days.
We currently ship within the continental U.S. only. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes or APO addresses. Please refer to the item description to determine the normal order processing time.
Purchases may be returned within 45 days of the date your order was received and must be unused, unassembled and in the original condition and packaging for any refunds issued. Please contact us for a Return Authorization Number, as returns cannot be accepted without this number. Please include the reason for your return in an email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for your return to be inspected and processed before your payment method is credited.
Note - EXCEPTIONS: **Custom painted and/or personalized items that are made especially for you are non-refundable, unless defective. Items that fall into this category will be noted on the item page.
*We reserve the right to send replacement parts for damaged or defective parts whenever possible. If replacement parts are refused, the item will be handled as a normal return.
DAMAGE DURING SHIPPING
Please do not use the item and keep items with all packaging materials and box for inspection. Please notify us the same day. We will not be able to replace damaged merchandise if we are not notified within 5 business days of the delivery date.