Note: This recipe is intended for babies 6 months and up.
- 1 cup (4 oz/125 g) fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 1 cup (4 oz/125 g) fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- Plain whole-milk yogurt, for serving
- Combine the blueberries and raspberries in a blender or food processor and process to a smooth puree. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the berry puree begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely, stirring occasionally. (The berry puree can be covered and refrigerated for up to three days.)
- When ready to serve, add some yogurt to your baby's bowl and, using a spoon, swirl in a few spoonfuls of the berry puree.
- Makes about ¾ cup (6 fl oz/180 ml) puree