Coffee Ice Cream
|Finely grounded coffee
|Egg yolks (large)
||1 ½ cups
||1 ½ cups
|Whole coffee beans
||1 ½ cups
- Heat the milk, sugar, whole coffee beans, salt, and 1/2 cup of the cream in a medium saucepan until it is quite warm and steamy, but not boiling. Once the mixture is warm, cover, remove from the heat, and let steep at room temperature for 1 hour;
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of cream into a medium size metal bowl, set on ice over a larger bowl. Set a mesh strainer on top of the bowls. Set aside;
- Reheat the milk and coffee mixture, on medium heat, until again hot and steamy (not boiling!). In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks together;
- Slowly pour the heated milk and coffee mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly so that the egg yolks are tempered by the warm milk, but not cooked by it. Scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan;
- Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof, flat-bottomed spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula so that you can run your finger across the coating and have the coating not run. This can take about 10 minutes;
- Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream. Press on the coffee beans in the strainer to extract as much of the coffee flavor as possible. Then discard the beans. Mix in the vanilla and finely ground coffee, and stir until cool. Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Device: Ice Cream Maker
Also in Ice Cream Recipes
All the richness and creaminess of banana made into ice cream for a healthy yet satisfying treat!
It can't mare fruity if we tried! The soft smooth decadence of yogurt emerged in the juicy redness of berry blast!
Ah, the deliciousness of chocolate with the freshness of peppermint! The best for a fresh spring day!
All orders are processed within 3-5 days.
We currently ship within the continental U.S. only. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes or APO addresses. Please refer to the item description to determine the normal order processing time.
Purchases may be returned within 45 days of the date your order was received and must be unused, unassembled and in the original condition and packaging for any refunds issued. Please contact us for a Return Authorization Number, as returns cannot be accepted without this number. Please include the reason for your return in an email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for your return to be inspected and processed before your payment method is credited.
Note - EXCEPTIONS: **Custom painted and/or personalized items that are made especially for you are non-refundable, unless defective. Items that fall into this category will be noted on the item page.
*We reserve the right to send replacement parts for damaged or defective parts whenever possible. If replacement parts are refused, the item will be handled as a normal return.
DAMAGE DURING SHIPPING
Please do not use the item and keep items with all packaging materials and box for inspection. Please notify us the same day. We will not be able to replace damaged merchandise if we are not notified within 5 business days of the delivery date.